Sunday, February 28, 2010

VTV

Last night me and the missus finished watching VTV - Vinnai thandi Varuvaya. My wife as a rule makes me read the review of the movie and confirm her the storyline and the ending. Anything other than a happy ending means I have to watch it alone (Which come to think of it,is not a bad thing at all). My mom is also the same. She calls me up from India to check with me some random movie in KTV to find out the ending before watching it. I assure her that the heroine will die due to cancer and the hero will commit suicide out of happiness. Oh the joys of riling your mom.
They both belong to the category of people who think that any movie with a sad movie is not a movie at all. And as this comprises films from Bala, Ameer, Sasikumar, Balaji Sakthivel I have to watch those movies in isolation. For Kaka kaka my mom made me buy the DVD with the alternative ending.
Well we were watching the movie and reached the point where Simbu and Trisha part and the director shows One year and another one year. My wife ever suspicious of Gowatham Menon looked at me coldly and said that Trisha would have died at this point of time and thus the movies title "Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya". Thankfully that did not happen and though the twist at the end was not to her liking I found the ending to be the perfect fit for the movie. The unanswered questions at the end transform a OK movie to a great one. Good show

No comments:

Post a Comment