Saturday, January 16, 2010

David Phelps - The voice

When I first saw the GVB the line up was David Phelps, Guy Penrod, Mark Lowry and Bill. They remain as my favorite line up. I missed David phelps in the first home coming I attended and wanted to see him perform and thank God I was able to do that in the Homecoming in Baltimore.
In the first session he did a solo version of Nessum Dorma. During the break I was buying hot dogs when a couple of people next to me were gesturing. It was David going to meet his fans. He found time to oblige every one with a smile and a photo. I desperately wanted to take a photo however could not draw up my courage to do that. I am going to do that in the next GVB concert.
I was hoping that he would sing "O Holy night" since it was a christmas concert and I was not dissapointed as the lights dimmed in the end. It was David doing the finale of the show. When he started the first few notes of O Holy night there was a huge cheer from the audience. My words would not do justice to the song. Please see the video posted by pastorichard in you tube here. Blessed to be part of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment