Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween - Trick or Treat

Halloween has come and gone. Since this is my second time in the US I was not surprised to see the Pumpkin decorations and ghosts outside the houses here in new Jersey.But i was quite unprepared for Trick or Treat. As a Halloween tradition children go from house to house asking Trick or Treat. If you do not treat them with sweets they would play some trick on you.That's how if works.

Well Saturday evening I was watching a movie with my wife and my son was sleeping. Though its a Indian neighborhood we do not mingle that much. I was slightly surprised when my door bell rang. When I opened it there were two small witches and a skeleton standing outside. It was the kids from the neighboring houses with their moms and they cried Trick or Treat. To say I was embarrassed would be the understatement of the year.I stammered out a sorry and explained that I had forgotten about the whole thing and did not have any sweets. The two girls smiled at me and turned away. The little kid dressed up as the skeleton glared at me and said Trick or Treat again. His mom dragged him away. But not before he fixed me with a "What a idiot" glare. As he belongs to the little ruffians league in my neighborhood I shudder to think what kind of a trick he is going to play on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment